Are you ready to take on a challenging role that requires both analytical and communication skills? Do you have experience in finance and business control in an (international) environment? Then you can be our next:
Business Controller for CEE
Certis Belchim is a fast-growing company specialized in the development and distribution of crop protection products. We aim for a highly market-oriented approach which responds to the needs of the present-day and future agriculture. For more information about who we are, what we do and what we value, please have a look at the Certis Belchim website
Are you the one we are looking for?
As the Business Controller at Certis Belchim, you will provide valuable reports and insights into the business to support operational and strategic decision-making. You will be responsible for preparing, developing, and analyzing management accounting information, delivering high-quality reports providing insights into key business drivers, and interpreting results to identify trends proactively. You will work closely with various stakeholders both at our headquarters in Utrecht and Londerzeel and with colleagues from the business in different countries! Certis Belchim has many Business Units, mainly in Europe (25+), headed by a Country Manager. The Business Controllers support the Country and Regional Managers on several aspects.
- Be a sparring partner for the BU Management Teams
- Calculation of scenarios and business cases and working capital impact for each decision
- Initiate, monitor, and improve KPI’s like DSO & Stock Risks
- Perform controls on the (local) sales and financial recognition of commercial transactions
- Be a linking pin between Business Unit and Global Finance department
- Take ownership of the planning and control cycle for the Business Units with respect to:
- Operating Expenses 5-year budget & monthly Last Estimate (‘LE’);
- Slow moving and obsolete stock LE and actions;
- PowerBI dashboards and discuss with the country-, sales- and regional leads.
- Collaboration within BC team (6+ people) to define and improve best practices.
- The Business Control team focuses on significant automatization, process improvement and digitalization objective (2024 onwards). To make optimal use of the available technology
- The Business Control team performs Internal Controls on Business Unit and Finance processes.
- The Business Controllers have a key role in the monthly-, quarterly and yearly closing process and are first point of contact for the group and local auditors with respect to the topline (sales, cost of sales and margin).
- Bachelor degree preferably in Business or Economics;
- At least 3 years’ experience as a financial or Business Controller;
- Proven experience with tools, techniques, processes and systems in the control arena; excellent command of MS Office applications, knowledge of ERP systems and Lucanet is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and fluent in English and preferably a language of Central Eastern Europe;
- Willing to work in an international network organization and communicate with all levels.
- Willing to work from our office in Utrecht (NL) and to travel as required, at least once a month to Central Eastern Europe
- Have a good environmental awareness and are result and improvement orientated.
What we offer
We offer you a varied job in a dynamic and international environment with room for initiative and learning opportunities. You will be working in a team with enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues.
Based on your background and relevant experience, we offer you a market competitive salary.
Certis Belchim encourages their employees to grow within their function and within the company by facilitating relevant trainings and providing frequent feedback sessions.
Does this function description trigger your interest? Please send your CV and motivational letter here.