For our Trial Station in Londerzeel, we are looking for a
Lab trialist (trialist-trainee)
Certis Belchim is a fast-growing company specialized in the development and distribution of crop protection products. All our establishments are guided from our head office in Londerzeel. We aim for a highly market-oriented approach which responds to the needs of present-day agriculture.
As Lab trialist, you are responsible of the planning, the establishment and the analysis of laboratory trials, under the authority of the Lab Manager. You do analysis of infected plant samples, maintained permanent cultures of pathogens and insects, and are in charge of artificial inoculations. You set up lab trial protocols, manage the timing and the realization of the trials, and analyze the results according to the objectives. You write the scientific reports and communicate the lab results internally, and give a scientific support during meetings and presentations. In collaboration with your colleagues, you fill in a database with trial results and pictures. You care about the security in the laboratory and follow up the product and material stocks. You participate proactively in the life of the laboratory at all levels. Moreover, you take part in national and European projects.
- Master in life science, bioengineer, biology, biochemistry,…
- You have knowledge or experience in plant pathology, entomology and/or plant physiology
- You have a thorough knowledge of English, and Dutch or French.
- You can work methodically, precisely and are proactive.
- Teamwork and independence mark you personality
- You have affinities with the agronomic sector
- A challenging and various position in a dynamic and international environment.
- An enthusiastic team in an informal and stimulating atmosphere.
- Frequent contacts with other departments, foreign establishments and external partners.
- A competitive salary increased with several benefits in kind.
Interested candidates may respond by sending an application letter with CV to email@example.com or Belchim Crop Protection f.a.o. Eva Vandepitte, Technologielaan 7, 1840 Londerzeel (Belgium).
It is of great importance to Belchim to equal opportunities and diversity. We recruit on the basis of competences regardless of age, gender, origin or disability.